Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dare You To Move


That's the title of one of my favorite songs of all time... Dare You To Move by Switchfoot from the album 'The Beautiful Letdown' is one of those new generation gospel + alternative rock songs that I first heard when David Cook sang it last year on the Top 3 show of American Idol season 7... I'm so grateful that I'm addicted to American Idol (yeah, I know... What??!) because it introduced me to this song... I don't know much about Switchfoot and I haven't completed 'listened' to any of their other songs (maybe I should!), but this song opened my eyes to so much that I had never thought of before...
My favourite lines from the song are - "Maybe redemption has stories to tell, Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you go to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here!" A lot of the rest of the song doesn't always cohere into one complete thought, but these lines say it all...
All of us, whether we admit it or not, have a story of redemption, of forgiveness, of finding salvation... In something, or someone... This song reminds me of mine... And thats why I love it so much, I think... Apart from the fact that Jon Foreman has one of the sexiest voices, ever! ;)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger